Every wish experience begins with a referral. We rely on wish referrals from caring individuals to help us reach more kids with critical illnesses and grant them wishes that changes lives.
Who can refer a child to Make-A-Wish?
Referrals are accepted from medical professionals, a doctor, a nurse, social worker, parents or guardians, or a potential child directly. The family will always be contacted once the referral is made before taking the wish to the next step.
Note: you can contact the foundation directly via phone, email or website.
Who is eligible?
– The child is between the age of 3 and 18
– The child has a life-threatening medical condition that is currently in the life-threatening stage
– The child has not received a prior wish from any wish-granting organization
– The child’s treating physician determines that the child is medically eligible for a wish, based on the medical criteria established by Make-A-Wish
– Immune deficiency (Immunodeficiency disease)
– Metabolic disease
– Gastrointestinal disease
– Kidney disease (Renal)
– Pulmonary disease
– Traumatic injury
– Other critical illness